1. Are courses full time or part time?
Our courses are full-time courses. Courses are provided free of charge to learners.
2. Do I get paid to attend the course?
You are provided with a training allowance for the days you attend your course.
3. Do i get feed in the centre?
Yes, you are provided with breakfast and lunch. There is no charge for food in the centre.
4. What hours will I be attending the Centre?
Monday – Thursday 9am – 3am.
Friday 9am – 1pm.
5. How can I contact the centre?
Our phone number is (01) 803 5016. You can also contact us on Facebook at Blanchardstown CTC.
6. Can I pop in for a chat?
Yes, you can pop in any time.
7. What courses are available to me at Blanchardstown Community Training Centre?
Courses are available in Digital Media, Sports, IT skills and Catering.
8. How do I get to Blanchardstown CTC?
Our address is 107-108 Porters Road, Coolmine Industrial Estate, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. We are beside Power City. We are located near bus stops that serve the 37, 39, 39A, 239 bus routes. We are also a five minute walk from Blanchardstown shopping Centre.
9. What qualification will I get after I complete a course?
You can achieve both QQI Level 3 and QQI Level 4 Major awards in Blanchardstown CTC.
10. Will I have exams?
Some of the modules (subjects) we teach have exams and some have continuous assessment. Exams and assessments take place on a date agreed between you and your instructor. This allows you to learn at your own pace.
11. What can I do after I get my qualification?
You can go to college or you can get a job once you have got your qualification.
12. What age must I be to join Blanchardstown Community Training Centre?
We take on learners from ages 16-21.
13. Is breakfast and lunch available?
We provide breakfast and lunch to our learners at no charge. Breakfast is available from 8:30am – 9am and 10:30am – 11am. Lunch is available from 1:00pm – 1:30pm.
14. Do I need any prior experience or qualifications to attend any courses in Blanchardstown CTC?
No, no prior experience or qualifications are necessary.
15. Do I need to bring any equipment or materials with me to my course?
No, all equipment and materials you will need are provided at no charge.
16. Will I get any holidays while I attend the course?
You will have six weeks holidays in total. You get one week at Easter, four weeks off over Summer, one week at Christmas. You will also be off for Bank Holidays.
17. How long do I have to be left school before I start?
There is no limit on how long you must be left school if you are under 18. For over 18s, a 3-month wait may apply.
18. I am under 18. How do I sign up?
Drop into us for a chat and we will arrange a meeting with you and your parent/guardian. You will need parental consent to join the Centre. Bring a copy of any qualifications you have earned.
19. I am under 18. How do I sign up?
Drop into us for a chat. Bring a copy of all qualifications you have earned.
20. I am still at school but want to leave, what do I do?
Drop into us for a chat. We can direct you further from there.
21. Is it like school?
The classes are smaller, the centre is very quiet, there is a relaxed atmosphere and there is no homework. However, many of the same rules apply. You must attend on time every day. You must do your work as directed by your instructor. We have strict rules and policies. We have an ethos of mutual respect and equality.
22. What if I find a job before I finish my studies?
You may work part-time while attending the Centre depending on the hours you work. You cannot work full time while attending the Centre. We strongly encourage learners to complete their Level 3 or Level 4 before leaving the centre, even if they have found a job. This will open up more options to you in your future.
23. What does a typical day look like at Blanchardstown Community Training Centre?
You arrive at the Centre for 9:00am. You are in class from 9:am until 10:30am. At 10:30 you have a half hour breakfast break. You have breakfast in the Centre. (There is no charge for food in the centre).
Classes resume at 11am. You have a five minute break at 12:00am, and then a lunch break at 1:00pm. You have lunch in the Centre. You may the leave the Centre to go for a walk.
Classes resume at 1:30pm until 3:00pm when the day is over.
24. Do learners go on trips / days out?
Yes, there are many opportunities to go on trips and days out such as sports days, college open days, competitions and fun days out.
25. If I am absent, what do I do?